Monday, July 26, 2010

Black Beauty

"Once you go black, you can't go back" doesn't just describe um, you know what....this racy comment applies to hair as well...yes, the hair on your head. Once you color your hair black, the color will stick for a looooong time and the only way to lighten hair is to use harsh bleach cos if you use normal hair color, salon or DIY, the color will not show, even if you pick a really light color. You can try but trust me, your hair will still be black cos black pigment sticks to your hair shaft like super glue...

But recently, I had a rather unsatisfactory professional hair color job...in fact, I've never had a decent one cos I've always wanted ash brown hair color without any tinge or red. But whenever I go for a hair color job and despite my relentless effort to tell the hair stylist that my hair has a lot of red pigments (My natural color's not black, it's got a very reddish tone) and that I don't want my brown to look red, the hair would still come out reddish brown...I absolutely HATE that...and my recent visit to the hair salon wasn't any different. I walked home with reddish brown...and it's a total waste of money cos I hate it....Not to mention it dries up my hair too....

So enough is enough and I've decided to go black again. I've always LOVED jet black hair cos it's so nice and exotic. Not in the scary ghostly way, nor the ratty matted type...I mean luscious silky black hair is so nice and gorgeous...And so I did it...I don't think I'll be touching any hair color for a while now...but while talking about going black with Josh, he said "Hunny, just stick to black for now for god's sake cos guys don't care and we like it black on Asians. Period. Any other color is just gonna make you look like an ah lian and it cheapens the look"

I told him, firstly, I color my hair to suit myself and not to please anyone, let alone that annoying gender with a dick. So it started this whole debate on whether men actually prefers black or very dark brown on Asian chicks. Josh swears men prefer black on Asian girls and he said I can ask anyone...I didn't quite believe so I did a mini straw poll....

Alvo: I prefer black....not too brown please

Wee Lee: Not too brown or light....maybe a hint of nice brown in the sun is okay

J: Black is nice....lighter color looks skanky lah....and so many girls are coloring their hair that color...

K: Black nice lah, but must be shiny and silky if not will look like Filipino maid...if it's the ratty matted kind of black, then I'd rather it brown...but some browns are damn ugly...cos it's almost like yellowish...looks diseased

Markus (white boy): I have yellow fever...I hate Caucasian chicks and I LOVE black hair, so exotic. Don't color it...

Oh my....looks like Josh might be right....he said "It's the same thing, what do you think of Asian men with non-black hair? I mean the type that's colored. Have you seen any nice ones around or not? You name me one nice one!" Well....honestly I couldn't....in my defiant way, I said I'm sure some would look nice with non-black hair...but then, truth be told, I could only think of the horrible colored ones...and I couldn't name one single Asian boy who's got nice colored hair....hmm...okay, fine. Black it is then....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

scotty had nice coloured hair!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails