Monday, July 12, 2010

A Blast of Positivity!

You might have heard of the book "The Secret"...you know the book about the laws of attraction that Oprah Winfrey swears by? It says you attract into your life whatever you want by thinking of it and by wanting it enough with all the positive thoughts and energy. In short, it says if you think of something enough, that something will happen and materialize and if you keep thinking of good thoughts, more good thoughts and good stuff will come to you and bad thoughts means you attract more bad stuff....to find out more, click here






Thing is, I've been testing The Secret on and off for about 2 years now (actually longer than that cos during the phase where my family was into the whole crystal healing hippie thing, my dad and I went for "creative visualization" courses...same stuff, different names)...yes the usual, when things were good, I totally forgot about it, and I'll come begging and trying when things are shit....but the thing is that, well, I really do think The Secret works....some observations I've made during last couple of weeks cos the last couple of weeks have been rather freaky....cos I've been back on using "The Secret" but I've never experienced anything this freaky in the past....



  • Writing a journal to vent your frustration and sadness is BAD for you....well, the concept is such that when you dwell on something bad or write/think/bitch about it, you give it more energy by merely focusing on it and thus it attracts more sadness and frustration. Now thing is, for years, since my uni years, I've been writing a journal and well, most people write about sad stuff cos when things are good, people seldom write about it....so journal is a bit like an emotional punching bag....and after 3497394387 Moleskine notebooks later (jesus, I dunno what to do with it now), I finally stopped some time back...probably late last year...and my observation is...yes, writing about it seemed to have make more shit stuff happened cos how then do you explain volumes and volumes of shitty journal entries about life's trauma? Like there's no pause at all and it's just shit after shit....And I remember throughout these years, there're a few occasions that I took a hiatus from journaling and now I recall those hiatus tend to be trauma-free....so yes, universe, I get it now...I won't dwell anymore (try not to) and I won't keep a sad journal and there'll be no more writing about shitty stuff....these days I keep a happy and gratitude journal and I record only good stuff....
  • If you think of something and visualize it enough, it will happen (totally in tune with the law of attraction)....and let me tell you something really really freaky....the whole of last week (and probably a bit of the week before that), BB had been having some gum problem with a painful swollen gum and he wasn't able to really eat properly without much pain....then last Thursday night, his gum got real bad and when he opened up his mouth, there was an abscess with a pus and it's so swollen (gross I know...) that it looked like there's an alien growing in that lump....then I was just trying the whole visualization thing on him and I visualize him recovering and in the pink of health without gum issue, and happily eating away at his favorite Japanese place....and being really good at day-dreaming, the images were crystal clear in my head...I could imagine the smell, the taste and his smile etc...and something bloody freaky happened. The next day, he texted me saying that something strange happened and his gum issue miraculously disappeared....the pus was gone, the swollen was gone and it's as if nothing has ever happened...it simply Bermuda-triangulated....poof!...gone...and he was supposed to be going to a dentist to drain the pus out....how the fuck did that happen???? I can imagine the gum getting better overnight but not DISAPPEARING..... Now I call myself the "healer"...haha...being a good daydreamer and good imagination rock!
  • Last week, I was doing the whole being positive thing and I downloaded "The Secret" in the movie format (it's more like a documentary)...and while I was watching it, some banker said he just visualized receiving money and cheques in mail and money and cheques really came in blah blah blah....and I thought to myself (still mildly cynical)...hmm...how about not being greedy and I'll just imagine shopping vouchers...that would be nice? I did my stuff and guess what? The next day, in the middle of the day, out of the blue, Watsons called me and said they're mailing me a 20 bucks shopping voucher to thank me for being a loyal customer. Look, you might said, well that's cos you bought lots of stuff...but hey, I have been a loyal customer at Watsons (HL calls it the "Watsons Temple"! LOL), but why only now that I got it? Coincidence or not I dunno, but I know I'll keep thinking positive....
Well....that's what happened recently (actually the second and last point), but I thought point No.2 about BB's gum issue was just a tad freaky....I dunno...honestly, I dunno how the whole thing happened and I dunno how The Secret or how exactly the Law of Attraction works....but I know one thing for sure....positive thinking is no doubt good and I'll definitely be doing it even when people (like BB) doubt it TRULY works....and I guess from now on, no more blogging about negative stuff....bitchiness will still be there perhaps but I'm probably gonna be focusing a bit more on something good....oh now....I dunno if I'll run out of things to blog about now....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dammit y did the shrine not reward this loyal pilgrim with any vouchers?! -hl

B said...

LOL! You need to visualize now!!! I saw the new Aqua Label at the shrine...you trying anything?

Anonymous said...

i think i try gold bars instead. i bought the cleansing oil and this enhancer thing; going to use up what i have first before using! -hl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails