Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Books Galore


I can't stop buying books, I'm a nerd at heart I know...last week, I blew about $150 bucks on books (2 of which I've had before but happened to given away to friends, Joanie thought I was mad) but then I'm brought up in the culture that books are okay to spend money on cos my dad has always been encouraging us to read.

I remember when I was young, I would get scolding from my mom if I recklessly spend money on useless stuff and there's once, I bought a book of riddles or something like that from the supermarket...(yes, the supermarket...they do sell stuff like that anyway) and my mom took a look and started nagging and I recall very clearly that my dad came to my rescue and said it's fine cos it's a book....and I was encouraged to read as much as I can from then on....

Funny thing is, I hated reading while I was younger but then since about 15, I started making up for lost time and I went nuts with books and I couldn't stop since....I'm proud to say I have pretty decent taste in quality literature cos I'm a purist who don't read chick lit...but then again, at the rate I'm going, my room might just end up looking like the picture about with books EVERYWHERE....I can't stop buying or reading! But then again, if you look at the picture above, it's kinda pretty...haha.....I'm hopeless I know....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails