Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mineral Treat


Tried & Tested time. Haven't tried any new products for awhile but couple of days ago, I got the new Maybelline Mineral 2 Way Foundation from my shrine Watsons. It's the first foundation cake for mineral foundation cos most of the mineral make up comes in the form of loose powder that very often gets too messy, so this one is truly nifty and neat.

I've used mineral foundation before from Bare Minerals and L'Oreal but I didn't quite like it despite the fact that mineral make up is supposed to be good for your skin with skin caring properties. But I find most loose powder type of mineral foundation a bit cakey and the application gets a bit uneven if you're not used to using it or if you're a bit too heavy handed and pick up too much with the brush. So this one is a good foundation if you want a mess-free mineral foundation.

The coverage is truly average compared to its loose powder mineral foundation counterpart when you use it dry. Then again, I normally like something light so it works fine for me but I would imagine people who prefer to have a bit more coverage to think it's a bit light. You really need to use it with a wet sponge for better coverage.

The staying power, however, is pretty decent even when I was having a pretty nasty flu and was blowing my nose quite a fair bit. Of course the tip of my nose had no foundation left from all the nose blowing but the foundation stayed pretty well on my forehead which tends to get a bit shiny at the end of the day. 

The verdict? I would say 3 out of 5. The Maybelline Angel Fit foundation is actually a tad better if you're after an affordable foundation. Otherwise, my favorite is still Ettusais Sparkling Pack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. Always love your reviews on beauty products!

B said...

Good to know you like it! But let's just say I wouldn't buy this foundation again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails