Thursday, November 26, 2009

Christmas???

It's that creepy time of the year where everywhere you go, happy shiny X'mas tunes attack your ears and brainwash you so much that before you know it, you're whistling to "Let it snow" and then you stop and then get freaked out that you're in fact, whistling to "Let it snow"....

That got me thinking...How the hell did Christmas end up being celebrated all around the world? Considering the fact that there're more Muslims among the world population than Christians! It does smell faintly of White Supremacy to me to be honest! Clearly I'm not complaining about having nice holidays but I do wonder how it would be if the Chinese or Asians rule and make the whole world celebrate The Birth of Buddha instead of The Birth of Jesus. It would be rather intriguing because:
  • All Christmas deco will be replaced by Buddhist deco
  • You wouldn't be whistling to "Let it snow" in shopping malls but instead, humming to tunes with "Namo Amitabha" and "Om Mani Padme Hum" as lyrics in different musical arrangements (possibly performed by the "Four Heavenly Kings" of Hong Kong Canto Pop with their "holiday "namo amitabha" album...Mariah Carey who? All I want for Christmas? Never heard of that!)
  • No more Santa Claus inspired headband, you get Lotus Headband now! Cool!
  • No more Roasted Stuffed Turkey...Try tofu turkey with vegetarian meatloaf
  • Goodbye Christmas tree, hello altar with joss sticks burning!
Hmmmm.....

4 comments:

dhani™ said...

u see, christmas is supposedly a celebration of Jesus' birth, but you know what? it's not even Jesus' birthday! the celebration of christmas only came into fashion in the 19th century!

Bertha said...

I know...it's Pagan!

Unknown said...

Bud-mas (since Christ-mas) is unthinkable. No... I cannot imagine the whole world will be smoky (due to mega size joss sticks and incense burning), ppl get injured from joss sticks, candles and etc... X'mas is more romantic, belive me...

Becky Cheung said...

I find this post very interesting and it put a smile on me for some strange reason. I am currently reading more on Buddhism. I think its good for you as well. Did you read the book I pass it to you by my friend? I am now a semi vegan ( occasional fish ). How's everything at home and Bond? I miss him and you. Rub his tummy for me. I miss you a lot, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails