Tuesday, January 03, 2012

January Muse


Reading: The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide by Francine Jay. I've been on a mission to declutter, downsize and pare down my stuff. When I told my friends I'm gonna TRY to be minimalist, they all burst out laughing, knowing that shopping and buying stuff seems to be my super power. But really, perhaps one of this year's resolutions (I don't do resolutions btw) is to buy very selectively and to give/throw away all the stuff I don't need. This book is awesome as Francine teaches you how to declutter, drilling down to the the psychology of why people hoard their things. I've been decluttering some stuff and I love the feeling of chucking out old stuff and reclaiming space. It's a wake up call that the stuff I chuck out is money too and it's all from my senseless consuming and buying. So from now on, I'm gonna be very selective in the stuff that I get. Wish me luck!

Also reading Time Out Singapore. I check in on Time Out Singapore every now and then to keep up with all the stuff that's happening in this sunny island of durian eaters. Great tips on where to eat, what to see, where to go etc. A must-read if you're bored of your routine and would want something new to do and see.

Watching: Animations from the Ghibli Studio! How I love Hayao Miyazaki's work! My dad started me on it when I was 9 or so when he took me to watch my first Miyazaki cartoon, Laputa, Castle in the Sky. I've been a fan since, with special affinity to Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service because they're my childhood favorites. I've been re-watching Miyazaki animations over the holidays. LOVE them!

Later this month, I'll also be watching Giselle by The Paris Opera Ballet. I can't wait!! And I've got pretty good ticket!

Wearing: Diptyque Do Son Perfume. I got the solid perfume version of this lovely Tuberose scent. Will blog more about it another time. It's super nice and I love the packaging!

Also wearing a lot of my Vamoose necklace. So pretty! Perfect for layering!

Using: The Organic Pharmacy Antioxidant Cream. I was done with my Ole Henriksen moisturizer and I'm switching a lot of my face and body care to organic stuff. I got The Organic Pharmacy Antioxidant Cream this time. It smells divine with a nice citrus scent and nice texture that's quickly absorbed. I just started using it for about 2 weeks now. Will blog more about it soon when I can speak more about it, but so far so good.

Drinking: EveryDay Detox tea by Traditional Medicinals. I'm hooked on herbal tea and I'm drinking this one almost everyday. Traditional Medicinals makes really great herbal tea and I've got the night time sleep well tea as well for the occasional insomnia.

Loving: Hardly a sexy thing to love but I must admit I love using the NeilMed Netti Pot. The ceramic netti pot I bought in India broke long time ago and now I've replaced it with a plastic one from NeilMed. It comes with its salt mixture in convenient sachets and it does wonders for my sinus. I rinse my nose every night now. I know it sounds painful and uncomfortable to flush your nostrils but trust me, if you have sinus, this is a god sent! On top of keeping sinus at bay, ancient ayurvedic medicine also says using a netti pot balances the Ida (ying) and Pingala (yang) energy too.

Lusting after: The Dior Oui necklace. I love it. Plain and simple. Oui si vous plait!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails