Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Mid Summer Night's Mane

It's been super hot. The oily-face and greasy-hair weather is back but then again, it's always been hot here on this sunny island of Durian eaters. Is it me or has it been a hell lot worse these days? Sometimes it's so bad it feels as if the humidity level is 1000% and I've been getting really bad hair thanks to the stupid heat. My hair is super fine and flat like pancakes as it is and now, it's worse and I need lighter hair care for this time of the year.

Thing is, when it comes to shampoo, conditioner and body wash, I can't stand using those that smell too rich when the weather is too hot cos it just feels too heavy. For instance, anything vanilla is too much for my liking in the summer and I've shelved all my "heavy smelling" toiletries and whipped out all those with summery scents. The same has been done for shampoo and conditioner. I'm surviving on the Avalon Organics Lavender Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner these days and I LOVE IT!

Some years ago, I had used the Avalon Organics Lavender Shampoo and condition but I didn't quite like it. The shampoo was too drying and conditioner not rich enough. Then a couple of weeks ago, I was looking for a shampoo that would smell fresh. With my affinity for anything Lavender, I've decided to give it another try based on my obsession with the lavender scent. But guess what? It's so much better these days! I believe they've probably improved the formula heaps. It's so good I've been using it everyday.

Honestly, I was in purely for the smell cos Lavender smells so fresh and nice. However, not only am I happy in the olfactory department, I'm pretty happy with its performance. The shampoo lathers really well and this isn't as drying as the old formula and I can easily comb through my hair after rinsing off. If you have shorter hair, I'm pretty sure you can get by without conditioner. The conditioner is good too cos it's very rich yet light and doesn't weight the hair down by over-coating it.

The result? Very soft, light, clean and fresh smelling hair perfect! After towel drying my hair, I'll spritz on John Masters Organics Sea Salt Spray before scrunching it dry for extra volume and viola, I'm good to go! This must be my favorite now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails