Thursday, February 11, 2010

Noodle fix....

"Muck Ngun Kay"'s sign...in Chinese...please read from right to left please...
Day 1 of HK....."Muck Ngun Kay" Wanton Noodle Shop!!!!!!!!!! The BEST wanton noodle money can buy!!!! But today, instead of wanton noodle, I opted for the spicy pork sauce noodle or "char cheung meen" (in mandarin it's "za jiang mian")....I went to the outlet in Causeway Bay instead cos I happened to be in the area to help Lisa and Chris buy their beauty supply.....the original shop is in Central though but it's always too busy...the Causeway Bay outlet is a lot less crowded and I went just a wee bit before lunch and managed to get a table...Here's my grub
"Char Cheung Meen" from the famous HK wanton noodle shop!
So why is their noodles so good? It's all in the noodle itself cos it's soooooo very springy, fine, and chewy. Just the perfect texture and of course for the wanton and meat sauce itself are great too, the chunky wanton is made from fresh shrimp and it's so fresh the shrimp is crunchy (my mom and sister had the wanton noodle) and the soup is super nice too! So it's really a bit like the chicken rice situation where it's about the rice...for this, it's all about the noodle...it's perfect really! You can never find noodle this good in Singapore...BUT the portion is very small...it might look big here but it's really very very tiny...I finished this in about 6 mouthfuls and most of the time people need more than one bowl/plate....I was tempted to ordered another one but I stopped cos I wanna have other food.....and it's not exactly cheap either cos this one is $45 HKD and it's about $8 SGD and you don't feel full but then it's all worth it....it's soooo good I have to go back again.....
Here's me and my mom at Muck Ngun Kay....that's her BEST smiley face...she said she doesn't know how to smile in pictures....strange I know...so she forever looks like a grumpy frump in photos.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails