Wednesday, December 01, 2010

December Muse

OMG, it's December...so soon and before you know it, the year is over. In fact, when I was typing the title of this post, I actually put "November Muse" only to realized it's bloody December already! Anyway, here's this month's muse...you guys going anywhere for Christmas? I'm looking forward to going back home in Hong Kong to spend Christmas with my family (I think x'mas would be spent in Bangkok actually if I'm not wrong...pappy booked the tickets I heard)


Reading: The East, The West & Sex by Richard Bernstein. It's a very very interesting anthropological account of sexuality between the oriental and occidental. It explores the gender dominance of male over women dating back to the Roman empire, elaborates on the historical fascination of the harem culture of the East, and accounts the religious suppression of sexual behavior of the Western past.  Nothing kinky and if you think it's gonna be some hot and steamy sexual thing, wrong! I'm not that shallow and boring... it's more like an anthropology of sexuality...a very fascinating read.


Listening to: Rock Dust Light Star by Jamiraquoi (aka the man I've always wanted to marry). Jay Kay is back with the new album and I'm loving the song "White Knuckle Ride"....groovy....

Wearing: My Annick Goutal Petite Cherie...as mentioned in my earlier post, I recently had a reunion with Petite Cherie after replacing my finished bottle...I'm enjoying it all over again...I think I've very much narrowed down my Signature Scents to two. Petite Cherie and Chloe. They're the two that I've been constantly wearing and Chloe is definitely gonna be here to stay I think (finishing soon and now I'm gonna buy the big bottle this time), joining the rank of Petite Cherie as "Perfumes that I repeatedly buy and use"

Using: Benefit Benetint Lip Balm...this is one great lippy. Not only does it moisturize your smackers, it also gives your lips a rosy tint that's very very natural...you'll get that just bitten look that's super sexy and health with just the right amount of gloss and it doesn't really dry out easily so it makes a really good day lip balm that gives you a hint of color.

Loving: Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub.  Can I ever stop praising Soap&Glory products? No...and this fantabulous body scrub is just super...it's got big grain of scrub (sea salt & sugar) in it and it's got Shea Butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar. It's scrubby enough to really remove dead skin cos I hate those scrub that's got too small grain and doesn't do much. This one does wonder and it's got shea butter to moisturise your skin after and keep skin soft. A little goes a looong way too. I've never been diligent enough to scrub all the time but I think that's gonna change cos my skin feels so smooth after.

Carrying: My good old Mulberry Bayswater in Oak Brown....ahhhh this classic has been hibernating in my room for a bit and time to take it out...the rich brown is always great for the year end winter Christmas vibe (despite the fact there's no winter here..garrr)...but my trusted Bayswater never goes out of style and it's a wardrobe staple...HL has also recently bought a black one...I think I've got her appreciating Mulberry....


Drinking: Charlie's Honest Superfood Smoothie.....it's 100% juice with added Spirulina. It's a puree of apple, banana, oranges and juicy kiwi....super duper yum...get it from most Cold Storage outlets


Playing with: My new toy Lomo Smena8m camera....it's a gift from Mr Bunny and I'm still trying to get inspired again to take pictures....My Smena is wayyy cool cos it's a pop purple color! I'm bringing it to Hong Kong with me, together with my Canon S90 of course...


Gifting: The oh-so-cute TopShop Guinea Pig Hottie! I bought this for Ah Meow for Christmas and it's a bit like a hot water bottle except that it's in a shape of a super cute tri-color guinea pig! And you just gotta stick it in the microwave (a rather disturbing idea considering it's a guinea pig) to heat it up so you can warm up your sore muscles....great for period cramps too...I think I might just get one for myself cos it's so adorable....it makes great Christmas gift!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi babe, I enjoy coming to your blog alot. And no, I do not have a blog of my own... one lazy gurl here.

Here to just say I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rock Dust Light Star as well. It's on repeat mode in my car... I let it loop around and around, has been for the past 3 weeks. Very groovvvvvy album. I wish there were more artist like Jay Kay too... sigh.


Peace out!
Ivy

B said...

Thanks Ivy! Yes, Jay Kay rocks! I love him so much that one year, I went to UK and then to Australia to watch him...hahaha...Love him!

Anonymous said...

well yea the mulberrys are nice but i wish i didn't get the black bayswater, i haven't got any use out of it, is a lil' big & heavy for day use...think that'll be my last mulberry for a while, give other brands chance lol --hl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails