Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year....oh okay, whatever...


OMG, 2010 has passed by so damn quickly and it's New Year's Eve tonight! I just came back from a very very nice family dinner at my aunt's place and it was super duper nice cos I got to meet a lot of cousins I haven't seen in years! One of them I haven't seen for the last decade and we grew up together and I remember getting frustrated trying to feed him when I was younger (my aunt aka his mom forced me to help cos she's fed up with him) cos he would take more than 3 hours to finish a meal cos he was so disgusting he would just keep the food in his mouth and not swallow while sitting in front of the TV.

Anyway, after dinner, all my "cuz" went off to party and have some count down thingy with their friends while I headed home and they all asked what I'm doing tonight. Well, NOTHING!!! Yes, nothing! No countdown no nothing! And I'd rather be reading a book and sleeping in my warm comfy bed than going out with 9 million other people in crowded places. But the main thing is that, I've never thought much of the whole New Year thing cos honestly, it's not a big deal to me. Yes, the turn of the calendar heralds a new year and it's supposed to also heralds new beginnings blah blah while you make new year resolutions. But then I don't see how it's different than any other given day except for that change in the year. 1st of Jan is still gonna be the same no? It's not like I would wake up totally different, say, with a new job, a brand new wardrobe, new tits or something along that line cos well, it's really just another day to me.

I think I do see how some people attach meanings to it cos my friend "Yeoda" (yes, he is a star wars fan and he thinks he's yoda...his son is named Luke btw) said to me via BBM that a better year is waiting and better things are gonna happen. And I said well, no, better things ARE happening now if you allow it and make it happen cos you don't need to wait till the end of the year to allow or decide to make changes for good things to come right? And you don't have to make any resolution only towards the end of the year too cos it's probably an ongoing process anyway. So yeah, I never think it's a big deal other than the fact that it's a public holiday and I won't have to work and now, THAT is the big deal!

Nonetheless, Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails