Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Oh dear! Little J actually can sing!

If you're a Gossip Girl fan, you would know that Little J aka Taylor Momsen is kinda getting less and less script time...and that's not because she's been wearing really bad raccoon makeup with black lips but it's cos she's been focusing a lot on her "music career" aka her band The Pretty Reckless and her bad rebellious attitude at the set has got Tim Gunn writing her off as a diva. I've never liked Little J or Momsen and when I heard about her "band"...I thought pfff...bahhh, just another precocious teenage girl who wanna be a rock chick and I though wearing that black eye, just-got-punched-in-the-eye makeup wouldn't make you a rock star....then oh boy....I'm so wrong! I actually checked out her music/band, ready to bitch about how shit and how bad she is, ONLY to get blown away by her powerful vocals. OMG. This girl can sing and she's got a very very very good voice for rock and she sings very very effortlessly. Like a darker more rebellious Joan Jett and tons better...Don't believe? Check out her live performance...



Convinced? She totally nailed it. Hitting all the high notes well with her rather emotive voice. Very unique voice that's so totally different from her girlie Little J persona. I hate to say this but she is actually good....argh...I find it hard to give credit to celebs I don't like but well, Miss B is very fair and I give credit where credit is due and yes, Miss B approves of Taylor Momsen as a rock chick. Geez...it feels totally odd to be saying this....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails