Monday, December 20, 2010

Hong Kong Walker Volume I

It was retail therapy for the last two days and I'm already freaking broke and it's only day 2 of shopping! NOT good at all...Today's shopping tour started at the Stanley Beach Market. Always a favorite place because of the ambiance. It's a beach side market with little stalls that sells mainly touristy stuff BUT there's this really great shop that sells Egyptian cotton sheets and I "invested" a set of soft pink Egyptian cotton duvet cover and sheets and it's 1480 thread-count!! Eat your heart out Frette Sheets (Okay, I still love my Frette Sheets nonetheless...these are just as good and a bit cheaper too!)



Then off to Causeway Bay I went. And Causeway Bay on a Sunday is madness. It's insane cos it's so crowded everywhere it looked as if it's a riot. But well, it's a very colorful place, especially outside of Time Square cos they have some awesome artsy exhibition going on....Very pretty but it's so damn crowded that it makes taking pictures almost impossible cos there's always someone walking into your pictures and it's freaking frustrating.....Love the colors and all




And after half a day, I'm broke....and here's my loot....




Loot List:

  • Egyptian Cotton Sheets (not shown in pictures)
  • Lush Lip tint in Fairy Snow (can be used as blusher)
  • L'Oreal moisture rich lipstick (Okay, I'm not a L'Oreal fan but this isn't available in SG yet and it's got a very nice sheer color and it's a bit like a lip balm and it's actually GOOD, not to mention the nice packaging)
  • Oshima Tsubaki hair brush...it's supposed to contain Camilia oil essence in the bristles....well, I forgot my hair brush so I need one right?
  • Pink Bobble water bottle. Make your own filter water with this! It's a water bottle that comes with a very good FDA approved filter! I got it from City Super at Time Square. Check it out here It's not available in Singapore and I think they should just bring it in cos it's awesome and very pretty! I even bought an extra filter. Each filter can filter about 300 bottles. I love the idea! I hate the taste of tap water, so this is gonna be god sent....ooh I love their website too...I LOVE Bobble!!!
  • Jill Scott bracelets....okay, here's gonna be the start of my rave about Jill Scott. They make leather bags and accessories and it's a UK label and I went to the outlet at World Trade Center
  • A Jill Scott card wallet...I love the vintage look with the clasps opening and it's great for me to keep all my plastics and some cash...I never love the full wallet so this works pretty well....
  • A Jill Scott bag (yes, Jill Scott again)....it's a super cute dark purple lamb skin bag that you can either carry it on the arms/shoulder or as a long sling across. It's super soft and light and it's in the shape of a little bun and it reminds me of a "xiao long bao"...so it's now known as the Xiao Long Bao bag. 
  • Treat for Mr Bond! Of course I won't leave out my lovely kitty!! I miss him loads and he's in the good hands of Daniel! 
This is just part of the stuff I got...it's really not good cos tomorrow, I'll be meeting Josh and we're gonna give our credit card a workout at H&M!! It'll be Operation H&M Carnage! OMG I can't wait. It'll be super fun! And I'm gonna bring Josh to have the best noodle in Hongie Kong....More update to come! Watch this space...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...i was just looking at that same l'oreal lipstick in guardian yesterday! some peach shade; the texture is indeed quite nice. we are such drugstore groupies. --hl

B said...

Ohhh the lipstick is good! Very sheer and goes on very smoothly. But today I bought another lipstick from Fresh...will blog about it...woot...I think we should work in a drugstore!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails