Wednesday, December 23, 2009

B is for Blackberry Bold!



Team Blackberry vs Team iPhone...I think it's kinda clear which team I'm in from the image I put up.

Last Sunday, after Missy F aka OGT told me that the new Blackberry (BB) Bold is available at the Singtel Comms Center, I literally dashed out of my house to go get it.

A year ago, I would have wanted an iPhone but looking at how this little island of durian eaters has been flooded by 3948739479374897937 iPhones, I'm put off by it, despite being an Apple fan when it comes to choices of computer and music player.

Once upon a time, maybe about a year and a half ago, iPhone was as precious to many as the ring is to Gollum. My friend's boyfriend then brought one in from the US before it hit our shores and there was this waiter from some restaurant who offered him $1200 to buy it off him, despite the fact that some of the phone's functions didn't work. Fast forward it to a year and a half later, the iPhone is painfully ubiquitous. Everyone's got one and everyone wants one. I'll be a billionaire if I get a dollar everytime I see someone with an iPhone! You see young school kids carrying one, the 20-somethings talking on one and neighborhood curly hair old uncle with long pinky nails figuring out how to use one. iPhone's popularity's phenomenally whorish and that really put me off and I can't deal with it.

It's purely a case of "It's not you, it's me" cos when something gets too hyped up, I get turned off. So I don't care if the iPhone has got better applications, I just can't deal with something that's not that exclusive anymore. It's a bit like dating a guy who's slept with half the female population of the planet. So there, I'm absolutely happy with my BB Bold! And my BB Bold rocks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haaa...same sentiments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails