Monday, December 21, 2009

You're Fired!


I'm not picking up the phone. I'm nervous. I'm probably gonna fire my design agency. I can't stand the rubbish work they've been churning out. I bitch about their lousy work. I pass their work around the office to be laughed at. I bash them to whoever would listen. BUT much as I can't stand them, when it comes to crunch time to fire them, I'd very much leave that to the "Firing Squat" veteran aka Mr Donald Trump (who apparently wants to patent the phrase "You're fired!")

I go soft when it comes to the point where I have to be the REAL bitch. Not that I'm incapable of being a bitch cos my friends would tell you I'm a mega mama of all bitches when I need to be one. But it's really much easier to be a real bitch with a Captial B to someone you don't really know or when the working relationship has soured to the point where things are not cordial anymore. And despite the crappy design they gave me, all things are still very civil with my agency.

The bloody account servicing person annoys the hell out of me cos he claims that the ugly, colorful, elementary-school-project-like design layout is what's in my brief which actually says "Clean design with lots of white space, sleek and modern, think Apple"....SERIOUSLY?? Nonetheless, I bit my tongue to stop a tirade of sarcasm and restrain myself from verbally attack them cos well, let's do this the grown up way shall we? And grown ups keep things civil and civil is BAD when you need to fire someone...

Truth be told, I do think they deserve to be fired and of course, firing them was the first thing that came to my evil little mind when they first submitted the artwork which was an epic failure. But now that my boss has really given the order to actually trash them, well, I'd be happier if I wouldn't be the one executing it...wish me luck...Now focus and delivery the blow....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails