Tuesday, May 03, 2011

About OBL

Okay, so now what? They killed Osama Bin Laden and it was definitely a monumental moment for all the people in America but I wonder if killing him is THE way to go. I know many want him dead but then so what that he's dead now? The lives he took can't be brought back and to me, I think it would be even better if they lock him in a super high security solitary prison for life.

Just my thought really cos in all the Chinese kung fu movie, they always say stuff like "It's too easy for you if I kill you and for you to be dead" (殺了你是便宜了你). So I dunno....I'd rather he be locked up for life...and yesterday, The Daily Love sent in a timely quote which does make a lot of sense to me...here goes...

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
 

- Martin Luther King Jr.

2 comments:

Ling said...

Yes, i totally agree with you and the quote you sent rhythm so much. i really found good meaning in the quote and appeciate you inform us on
"The Daily Love" now it pays to be a faithful reader :)

B said...

Thanks Ling! But yes, I don't see how it would help just cos they killed Osama but well, I'm sure that pleased quite a lot of people.

And yup The Daily Love is great! You should subscribe to it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails