Like I've said before in my previous post, I've always been quite an independent person who loves and enjoys my own company and has no problem with solitude. And the same goes for traveling too. In fact, I LOVE solo trips and I've been taking a lot of solo trips. Thing is, when I mention about my solo trip, friends would ask me why I choose to go alone cos most people would want a travel buddy. Well, of course if it comes to not very safe countries, I wouldn't travel alone but if it's safe countries, I have no problem traveling alone and in fact, I prefer it. And here's why:
- There's no trouble fixing a date and accommodating everyone. You apply leave, you book, you travel. Easy peasy!
- You get to plan your own itinerary and again, no need to accommodate other people's "To-see" list
- Nobody would complaint about the choices you make. Case in note: you choose a pretty good boutique hotel at good rate and relatively good location but someone in the group who doesn't know fuck-all about the country hates it and started complaining that "It's such shit location and it's at some side street!!" every time she gets the chance to...trust me, you don't need that kind of annoyance and there's also no need to painfully stop yourself from yelling "Why don't you go stay at the most expensive suite in town and fuck off!" or "If you don't like it then go fucking take the plane back home you c@#t!"
- You won't get pressured into going to places you don't want to go
- You get to eat whatever you want and don't have to accommodate (very important for me)
- You won't have to stand incessant loud chatter from fellow verbose traveler. Especially when you're in the plane and the entire cabin looking at your way-to-loud fellow traveler who laughs like a freaking hyena on heat
- There's no need to wait for other people to do their stuff/shopping/buy that extra bag of pork floss or dried sausage while you stand around doing nothing
- You get the whole room to yourself (very very important) and you won't be sweating or freezing cos of difference in air con preference or forced to stay up late or go to sleep due to difference in TV schedule. Oh and you get to watch whatever channel you want. No sleepless night if the person snores or farts or talks in his/her sleep. No getting woken up due to difference in wake up time and no fighting over who gets to shower first
- You have the whole bathroom to yourself. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. You won't need to suffocate in someone's post-poo fume and won't have to put up with a messy wet bathroom if the other person showers like a circus seal gone wild.
- You won't have to get bitched at or excluded if you're not in the right clique if you're traveling in a big group
- No dramas from others....no crazy fits or something along the line that makes you wanna bitch slap the person
- You won't have to deal with faces you fucking hate just cos they're part of the traveling brood
So there, go figure. And no more traveling in big groups next time, maybe with the exception of family tours.