Monday, May 10, 2010

How to wake up in the morning?


I have a problem. I can't wake up in the morning. And no, going to sleep earlier wouldn't help cos I suspect my sleeping issue is bordering on being some sort of rare sleep disorder. For me, it's not a matter of how many hours I sleep but what time I wake up. If you let me wake up later in the day, like say 9 or 10am, I can be okay and get up even if I have only 4 or 5 hours of sleep. And if you make me wake up at 7am despite giving me say 12 hours of sleep, I simply can NOT do it without much difficulty and feeling like crap for the rest of the day that's similar to sleeping say 3 or 4 hours.

So yes, it's not about the number of hours I zzzzzz away...and the problem now is, I need to wake up at 7am to go to work and I have a hell lot of problem doing so. I've tried putting the alarm away from my bed so I need to get off the bed to switch it off, no use. I just fall back into bed. I've tried to progressively cushion the blow of early morning by setting the alarm earlier so I can snooze, but no, it fails too.

Princess said his trick to waking up is by putting eye drops in his eyes first thing in the morning. I bought a bottle of eye drop and ha, I didn't even bother cos I couldn't really move.  And now, with BB next to me when I wake up, it's so much harder cos he looks absolutely cute and snuggly and I just wanna cuddle up and sleep more! And my 1000 thread-count Frette sheets isn't helping cos it's all nice and soft and inviting.....I dunno...you guys have any tricks to wake up fresh? Or am I the only freak whose sleep pattern is about what time I wake up and not the number of hours I sleep? Hmmm....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe u just need to find the optimal no. of hours u need to sleep to feel good the next day. for me, it's about 8-9 hours -- any much more and i'll feel sluggish. --hl

B said...

Won't work. Like I said, it's never about the number of hours...it's really about the time I wake up. If you let me wake up say 930am, I'll be fine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails