Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Skincare SWAT Team

A girl friend has recently bought all the basic skincare I've "prescribed" and recommended her and she's been religiously using and now she asked if there's any special "booster" to give her skin an extra oomph...yes of course, yes...so here I am, doing a post on special care items that you use once or twice a week for that little extra help. So here's Miss B's Skincare SWAT Team....


1. Cure Natural Aqua Gel -- Instead of the traditional grainy scrub, I use this for exfoliation. Massage this watery gel onto clean dry face in circular motion and slowly there'll be granular lumps of dead skin coming off. Essential steps before loading on more good stuff cos it clears off the dead skin to improve absorption of the skincare you apply later. I use this 3 times a week and you can find it at Watsons. It lasts quite a while too. And BB apparently use it on his elbows and other dry patches and he said it's not bad for the body too

2. Cle de Peau Beaute Face Massage Cream -- I first tried this many years back at the Cle de Peau Beaute Facial (by invitation only after purchases) and then I got one home for massage my face when I don't feel lazy. You use it on clean and exfoliated face to give yourself a mini facial massage. My friend said why not use a normal cream for it? NOoooo because normal cream's not rich enough and the cream gets absorbed by the face and if you continue massaging, you're creasing the skin too much and dragging it will cause wrinkles...so for face massage, stick to massage cream. This helps improve blood circulation to give you a rosy healthy glow....but then I'm so bloody lazy I can't remember when was the last time I use it. It's best if you use it every week or every fortnight

3. Kose Sekeisho White Mask -- Not white at all cos the mask is black. This thick black peel-off mask is great for sucking out all the impurities and a friend said his blackheads actually got pulled out by it too. It's great for cleansing the face and oily skin will definitely benefit from it too. The nice thing about this mask is the cooling sensation that comes with it and it leaves skin feeling fresh and clean. It's kinda hard to peel it off so the trick is to apply a little thicker on the edges so it's easier to pick the dried mask off its edge

4. Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Face Mask -- Quite a mouthful but it's got tons of benefits! This is my all time favorite mask!!! The pink gel turns into foam when you smooth it over your face and you only need to leave it on for 5 minutes and not any more cos it's designed to be a quick fix. It helps to brighten up the skin with a good dose of oxygen and vitamin C and I swear that it works...last time I tried it on Jem's hand while we were at Sephora and his hand looked visibly more radiant and hydrated after just a mere 5 minutes. The Scotty darling said gotta see if the radiance go away soon and so we observe and Jem's hand was still rosy and hydrated hours after!

5. Sana Soy Bean Face Mask (sheet mask) -- Cheap and good!!! It's one of my favorite affordable range of skin care. This hydrating mask keeps skin super hydrated and soft but it tends to be a bit drippy cos they're generous with the essence. I use this once in a while cos I'm lazy and a 5-minute quicky with Bliss trumps a long one cos you gotta leave this on for about 15 minutes. But to make this works real well, I slap on some Ettusais Version Up before laying on the mask cos Version Up prepares skin to absorb better

6. Bliss Triple Oxygen Energizing Eye Mask -- It compliments the face mask and it comes with mask pads and you leave it for about 10 minutes to brighten up and moisturize the delicate eye area. You'll look brighter and more alert!

7. Cle de Peau Beaute Lip Treatment -- The BEST lip balm ever. It's not really a special treat cos I use it every night. In the day I use the Ettusais Lip Essence but at night, I nourish the lips with this super lip balm...very steep price but it's worth your dough (It's retailing at about 100 bucks here but you can get it at about $70 SGD in Hong Kong, so get friends to buy for you!)....this one dramatically improves your lips. Your lips get really soft and the lines on your lips really disappear...your lips pink up and plump up too...I swear by this!!!

So here you go....if I find more fabulous stuff, I'll update!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hi Miss B muses
i have been following your humorous blog for sometimes and i always can't help but to crackle in front of my PC and my bf always wonder what has gone wrong with me wahahaha

the bill board u did for monthly best love is really cool..like a cool page from a lifestyle magazine. it's easy to follow too! btw, i read about ur love for sana makeskin face powder and i was totally sold as i was looking for a loose powder...i immediately went to watson to buy and to my surprise, they still have one. i bought the 01 one and it looks great for fair skin! thanks!!

B said...

Hey Tiffany,

Thanks for the compliment :) And I'm really glad you like the Sana powder too! Will share more good stuff once I try again...right now I'm trying to save money...hahaha....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails