Sunday, May 16, 2010

An Indian Wedding & a half-failed Chinese Jew Sunday

I attended the first Hindu wedding today and it was cool despite having to wake up at 740am cos the invite card said the wedding is from 9.11am to 11.21am....When Ah Meow and I saw the invite, we both went like "wahh auspicious time" and both of us being mildly superstitious (actually quite, not mildly), we made sure we were on time cos the ceremony was supposed to start at 9.11am. Wrong...I think 9.11 am meant the back-end preparation cos we were so early we got to Ceylon Road where the temple was at 8.33am....and we were one of the first few to arrived...see we're so nice! But then the people only started streaming in about 9.30am....ahhh...it's the same as Chinese Wedding Dinner I see...I could have had an extra half hour of sleep on a Sunday morning!!! So while waiting, I took some snap shots of the cool deco with my S90 (ohhhh real good)....

 Ohhh I think this is meant for the wedding hall..the whole couple couple thing

 Not a single ideal who these people on the mural are....

 Nor who this goddess is...

 A view out of the wedding hall's window...ahhh the Canon S90 rocks!!!

 Erm still dunno who these two love birds are...but Ah Meow pointed out that the husband is grabbing the wife's arm in a rather forceful MCP manner...oh I concur...

 Oh finally I know who they are!!! Green one on the left is Hamuna the Monkey God and the center guy with a mild pot is King Rama...Hamuna's Rama's faithful servant and he helped the king rescue the queen who got kidnapped to Sri Lanka. Hamuna "flew" from India to Sri Lanky by taking ONE big jump and successfully brought the queen home....Thus, the yoga pose Hamunasana is that of a split cos that's how Hamuna supposedly jumped to Sri Lanka...

 Haha...I couldn't get the brooch right, the flower kept flipping and I pricked my finger :S

After much waiting, ritual started and the groom had his puja with the priest first before the bride and that's before they changed into their dramatic wedding costume. Problem is, half the time we dunno what's happening and we all concur that we kinda need a performance program to know what's happening...oh there's some tree planting thing blah blah...all the while there's cool loud traditional music in the background....

 Groom's on the left but I dunno who the other guy was or why he was there....

 Ohhhh those two musicians who played nonstop...they must be tired....

 The tree planting bit....yes yes, they were going round and round the tree....

 Ohhhh finally husband and wife....now decked in their dramatic costumes and garlands...

 So that was it....both me and Ah Meow didn't stay for the food reception cos we knew the spices wouldn't agree with our lousy chili intolerant gut and we fled to Isetan Scott...why? Cos I wanted to check out FitFlop! The flip flop that's supposed to tone your lower body (ass, thighs and calves)! Yes, I'm in this muscle toning footwear phase...you see the Reebok Easy Tone is not too wearable except for the gym so I thought FitFlop would be good cos at least I can wear a lot of outfit with them...And checking out FitFlop ended up becoming buying them....very un-Chinese-Jew I know but then it's for better health and fitness so I can close one eye. And it's super duper comfy...but then I don't feel any "instability" at all....well, yes, it's supposed to be subtle but it's kinda stable...the Easytone is more "unstable" than this for sure...
Anyway, I haven't bought anything else other than grocery...ohh got the Mao's Last Dancer book (which btw is FUCKING GOOD) but it's a book and that doesn't count. Grocery is for survival so it's okay...But I saw the best fruit I've ever eaten....the Japanese perfect Honey Dew!!!! At a whopping price....yes it's meant to be expensive cos it's expensive even in Japan and the first time I had mine, I was at my Japanese friend, Kensuke's, home town and his parents threw me a sushi and sukiyaki party completed with the bloody exorbitant honey dew....but when I cut into the honey dew, the juice that trickled out was THICK...like honey and for the first time in my life, I understand why it's called HONEY dew...and it was the best thing (fruit wise) I've eaten...and some time back, I went to Yoshida Japanese Restaurant at Devonshire (rip off place I know...) and I saw the Japanese honey dew on the menu and ordered one...only to be shocked when the bill came cos it was $40!!!!!! No, not the full melon, for a flipping slice! Grrrr....why must it taste sooooo good????

 Can you see how much it is??? 

I told BB that I'm gonna treat him to it when we go to Japan, hopefully in September! Meanwhile let's hope the yen get weaker!!

4 comments:

Ah-Meow said...

Ya ass better be more purrfect after these shoes..else Im chucking ya excuses to flee PCJ (aka Project Chinese Jew)!

B said...

Haha ok I'd better get perky ass or else u'll go after me! You're officially Chairman Meow of the PCJ commune! Wahahaha!

f**king anonymous said...

Wah! Can't you use some other intensifiers, instead of writing "f**king" all the time?

B said...

Erm how about "bloody", "freaking" and "flipping"? Sorry but the melon was really f**king good!! I'll try to use "f**king" less but vocabulary sucks cos my "england" is not that "powderful"...LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails